Monday 6 August 2012

The (un)Amazing Spiderman


Just as the title of this Blog post suggests, I didn't find this movie that amazing at all.
While I thought the movie was Ok.... it was just that.....OK.
I like Andrew Garfeild but, I think that the way he played Peter/Spidey, was suited more as a 'further down the road' Spiderman, one that has fully grasped his ability, and thus have that confidence that comes with super powers.
I found that movie jumped WAY too quick from nerdy teenager, to wise-cracking, spandex clad ass-kicking web-slinger.
OK.....you get bit by a superspider, and on the way home you not only start to use these genetic abilities to protect yourself BUT, are able to kick ass like a fricking Ninja Warrior?

Next, you tell everybody who you are, even though you put together a head to toe costume to protect your identity? Superhero 101 people......

So..... my quick take on this is,  the Sam Raimi/Tobey Maguire movie was more suited for the transition story of a nerdy, whiny, sand kicked in my face, kind of teenager JUST bitten and learning to become Spidey, while the Marc Webb/Andrew Garfeild version is more suited to the more mature, confident, learned to accept and utilise my abilities, Spidey/Peter Parker.
I don't want to say it was all bad, because it wasn't. I just found that the movie compressed the "becoming Spidey" into almost a footnote of an actually already Spiderman movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment