Tuesday 7 August 2012

Sequels, reboots, spin-offs Assemble!!!

Great movie. Well done. Enjoyed the crap out of it.
I think what made this movie enjoyable for me, was the character dynamic, how these group of superheroes, and their respective egos/ethos interacted with one another. It's probably the same reason that I actually watch the cartoon "The Superhero Squad" with my boys on a Saturday morning.
The humourous interaction of these egos, with tons of action....makes for positive cashflow.

It was a VERY smart move by Marvel to do this movie when it did. By taking a chance on this assemblage of heroes.....the studio heads can now breath a sigh of relief that a number of solo projects will make more money BECAUSE of this movie's success.
Let's be honest...... Thor wasn't that great, Captain America was just OK, and Hulk needed a reboot. 
With the success of this movie, you guaranteed a favourable return on Captian America II, Thor II, and a Hulk reboot.....as well as the possibility of 2 more Avengers movies.
Ironman III is guaranteed to make a crapload of cash, regardless of this movie because RDJ has a complete grasp of who and what Tony Stark/Ironman is......and he is funny as fuck.

Unfortunately for DC, there isn't enough of a base yet to have a successful Justice League movie..... Batman has been the only great thing to materialize out of all their Superhero stories.
I will anxiously await the Christopher Nolan produced, Zach Snyder version of the Man of Steel. It's too bad that this has taken so long to materialize.... Batman has three down, none to go, and I would REALLLLLLLLLY love to have seen an epic battle between Superman and Batman. It is a continuing debate between my boys and I but, I do think they are on board with Daddy's pick of who would win(check the comics for how it would play out).

Ahhhhhhhh, one can still dream.


Until next time...... keep your paws outta my popcorn.

No comments:

Post a Comment